Greetings 2010

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Outdoor Fun...with the Neighbor Kids

It has been a pretty long time since I aimed my camera at my own children. So I grabbed my camera as we headed out to enjoy this amazing weather and play in the fresh air. First of all, a rare moment of affection between the kiddos. Maddox hugged Evey and after my "awwwwwww" he started really working it for the camera. Evey was a little less sure...not totally convinced Maddox's intentions were pure. She's not used to spontaneous embraces. Spontaneous smacking, yes. She probably thought this was a headlock. ;-)

Neighbor Fun 02

This is the Maddox we are used to seeing! haha

Neighbor Fun 01

Little Evey has been trying to make her own goofy faces these days.

Neighbor Fun 03

But she has a long way to go to match Maddox's wackiness.

Neighbor Fun 08

Neighbor Fun 04

Neighbor Fun 06

Neighbor Fun 05

Anytime we head out front to play, it is usually just a matter of minutes before the neighbor kids come running. Tonight was no exception. Maddox and Evey just adore playing with their neighbor friends. And the girls can't resist hugging on Evey and squishing her cute little cheeks.

Neighbor Fun 07

The boys play a little...differently. Guns and football bombs. And dramatically faked carnage.

Neighbor Fun 12

I hate guns and violence. No. I HATE guns and violence. And yet I have a child who is obsessed with guns and violence. As all of the neighbor boys seem to be. It appears to be innate. Very interesting.

So as the girls had a blast being cute and posing for pictures...

Neighbor Fun 11

...the boys enjoyed trying to get their guns into the pictures as well.

Neighbor Fun 13

Neighbor Fun 14

One thing they all have in common...a tremendous amount of energy to RUN!

Neighbor Fun 09

Neighbor Fun 10

One last shot. I did a terrible job, pulled it back in two seconds as we headed out the door. But I have to show off Evey's adorable pony tail. Her hair is getting soooo long! It really changes how she looks! When I see her bald baby pictures...it's hard to recognize this big girl!

Neighbor Fun 15

3 comments:

Rebecca Gomez said...

Love the commentary explaining the events! Evey is growing up so fast.

Click Photography Owner said...

Ok...I'm sure everyone looking at these images is thinking the exact same thing as me. WOW, Evey is not a little baby anymore. :( But she still has that adorable little doll-face.

Sarah Guild said...

So, they are precious. Evey's hair is beyond amazing.