Greetings 2010

Monday, November 19, 2007

Giving Thanks - Part I

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on one's riches (not the material kind) and consider ways of giving to others. One of the things I am most thankful for is my health, something that is often taken for granted. It is my health that allows me to fully enjoy life - and what I love most about photography is that it allows me to capture life. I would like to introduce you to an organization I recently joined called Think Pink Photography. This organization will allow me to use my photography skills as a means of giving to others.

"Think Pink Photography was founded in October 2007 to support individuals and their families who have been touched by breast cancer. It is a non-profit organization that serves two main purposes - celebrating life and supporting the cause.

Through our photography network, we are helping breast cancer survivors and their supporters to celebrate life with charitable photography sessions.

Through donations and various fundraising efforts, all profits from Think Pink Photography will be donated to The Beverly Family Foundation. As a 3-time breast cancer survivor, Danielle Beverly and her husband Eric joined together to form a foundation dedicated to promoting education, increasing awareness, and providing support and resources for families who have been touched by breast cancer.

As Think Pink Photography grows, so will the opportunities for you to become involved and support this important cause. I encourage you to sign up for the newsletter (on the Think Pink website and Think Pink blog) and tell your friends and family about Think Pink Photography. Awareness is everything and we can't be successful without you."

I encourage you to view the website, make a donation, or hire a photographer that supports Think Pink Photography. If you hire me for a portrait session or wedding, mention Think Pink and I will make a personal donation to the organization!

No comments: