Greetings 2010

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Have Arrived!

Okay, that may be a little dramatic. I haven't exactly "arrived." ;-)
But I have been published for the first time! Woo hoo!
Back in October, I was commissioned by CURE Magazine to create a few environmental portraits of an oncology nurse with one of her patients. The magazine was putting together a book to honor "extraordinary healers" nominated through essays by cancer patients. One of the nominated oncology nurses (Linda) is located here in KC and I was lucky enough to be hired to photograph her with her patient (Patricia). I found both women to be quite extraordinary; I really enjoyed our brief time together creating these portraits.

Anyways, I just received a copy of the book and needless to say I'm very excited! It's really neat to see the finished product. Patricia's essay is amazing and was one of three finalists! So cheers to Linda & Patricia!

A few pics of the book...

CURE 01

CURE 02

CURE 03

CURE 04

2 comments:

Click Photography Owner said...

Cheers to you too! The book looks lovely and, of course, the pictures too! How exciting to be in a published book!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!
Wow, can't wait to see it in person sometime. How rewarding!