Greetings 2010

Monday, March 31, 2008

The Door Project

I have recently become aware that I have some sort of fascination with doors. One of my passions is architecture photography and my dining room is decorated with many images that I have taken around Kansas City...and two of the photos are of doors.

This one...

web door 06

And this one...

web door 02

And as I was looking at them today...I started thinking of other pictures of doors that I have taken over the years.

Such as...

web door 05

web door 04

web door 03

web door 01

Why do I photograph doors? Very interesting. Any theories? Regardless...now that I am aware of my tendency to photograph doors I would like to add to the collection! So if you know of some doors worthy of being photographed...I would appreciate your suggestions!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that everyone needs a picture of their own front door...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they were all taken in KC. Some of them look so exotic and one looks like the NY Trump Tower doors.

Doors are quite beautiful, especially unusual doors you have captured. And say much about the space you are entering, these have such an age & patina, they looks so solid, just wonderful!

Sarah Rimel said...

I like the idea of photographing the door to your home! Our current door is on our list of remodeling projects...so I think I will postpone that photograph until after our door receives its facelift.

All doors are from the KC area except the third image...that was taken in Jefferson City...doors to the Supreme Court of Missouri.