Greetings 2010

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Day

We had a late night Christmas Eve because when we got home from Grandma Nita's house - Maddox desperately wanted to play with all of his gifts. We let him play with a few before dragging him off to bed (not exactly kicking and screaming...but almost).
So he slept in pretty late Christmas morning. He went straight from waking up to heading for the tree to see what Santa left him and to open his presents. He is under the impression everything he opened this year is from Santa. I keep trying to explain that some gifts are from his mommy and daddy, some are from his grandparents, etc. But he won't hear of it. He just says, "No...it's from Santa." And sometimes he even says this slowly and enunciates...since I'm sure from his perspective I'm just not grasping the concept. ;-)
So anyways - he opened his presents...
And emptied his stocking...
Here is Maddox with a bunch of his loot...
As late as Maddox slept in - Evey beat him by a good hour or so. By the time she awoke - we had to head out to PaPa's house for brunch - so she did not "open" any gifts in the morning. I'm pretty sure she didn't mind though. Here she is hangin' with PaPa.
After PaPa's house - we made our way to Grandma Donna's house for dinner. We somehow managed to cram even more food into our already stuffed bellies and had a wonderful time. Unfortunately - with my nasty cold I really wasn't feeling that great and didn't take very many pics. In fact - I believe this is the only picture I took while at Grandma Donna's house. :-( This was Maddox enjoying a tasty Christmas cookie - I can't remember what he was telling me - but that is a sprinkle on his lip...
Then when we got home that evening - Maddox helped Evey open her presents and empty her stocking. Here she is with a little rattle clacker thing that Santa left her in her stocking...
And here she is with a bunch of her loot as well...

I'm happy to report that today I am finally feeling better! And Maddox is very happy that my voice is returning. He was crying the other night when I told him I was losing my voice - I had to explain that it would return. Though I think Jay enjoys the break. ;-)

Hope everyone had a wonderful (and healthy) holiday!

No comments: